ANY BRIGHT IDEAS? MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
VISIT OUR EVENTS PAGE TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE.
n 2019 the new combined local authority for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole will come into being and you will have your first chance to elect a brand new council for the conurbation. Liberal Democrats, however, would like to give you even more say in the future.
Over the next couple of months Liberal Democrats from all parts of the new local authority area will come together to draw up a manifesto for the elections in 2019, and this is where YOU come in.
As a member of the Liberal Democrats in Poole, Christchurch and Bournemouth we are inviting you to put forward your policy ideas. In June we will be holding a meeting open to ALL party members at which we can discuss these ideas and ensure that we stand on a set of policies designed by our members.
So, what are we looking for? What sort of questions and problems do we need to be addressing?
1) How do we ensure the new local authority accurately reflects the views of the people of the conurbation?
2) How do we ensure that all those in need of social care receive a truly outstanding service?
3) How do we work with our local schools to ensure that every school in our area is a good or outstanding school?
4) How do we revitalise our town centres, ensuring that they are appealing to visitors and local people alike?
5) How do we take a sustainable approach towards protecting and enhancing our beaches, wetlands, heathlands and farmland?
6) How do we support businesses large and small as we continue our journey through economic uncertainty?
7) How can we make the conurbation a destination of choice for visitors all year round?
These are just a few of the issues we need to make sure we are ready to take responsibility for in 2019.
HOW DO YOU HAVE YOUR SAY?
1) Join the Liberal Democrats here in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
2) Email us your ideas (making sure you give your membership number at the bottom of your email)
3) Speak to your local executive committee members
4) Come along to our BIG VISION DECISION meeting, to be held in June.
5) Get involved. Come along to your local committee meetings or even become a candidate.
IT'S YOUR PARTY AND WE CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU.