OUR VISION FOR BETTER HOUSING
In order to start addressing the scandal of homelessness we will:
1. Aim to change the balance of new housing developments. We will seek a sustainable mix of new affordable and social homes alongside homes for sale at market rates that meet the needs of all our local communities.
2. Seek to protect our open spaces and green belt wherever possible by giving preference to brownfield development and/or re-development.
3. Enhance partnerships with local housing associations and homelessness charities in order to improve provision for those in most need.
4. Work in partnership with local landlords and tenants to ensure that all privately rented accommodation provides a decent home at fair rents.
5. In order to relieve seasonal pressure on our parks and open spaces (and to meet legal obligations) we will provide a permanent site for use by traveller communities.