Please join us for our Annual Dinner, with guest speaker Paddy Ashdown.
Lord Paddy Ashdown is one of the Party's most well-known and influential figures, and has led an extremely varied and interesting life, including time in the Royal Marines and the United Nations, before becoming MP for Yeovil in 1983 and Leader of the Lib Dems in 1988. He followed this with a decorated career working in Bosnia and Herzegovina both during and following the conflict.
His words promise to be wise, witty, thought-provoking and of course entertaining.
The dinner will be a great way to kick-off Autumn Conference, especially with Bournemouth hosting the Party again this year, so we do hope you will be able to come along.
Tickets are £33 each and include a three course meal and a glass of wine or soft drink.
To RSVP and purchase your ticket, you can:
- Pay online using the link below
- Pay by cash or cheque by contacting Gill Pardy by phone or email
- Transfer the amount online by contacting Treasurer Peter Craven on 01202 573303.
Once you have RSVP'd, please contact Gill Pardy with your menu choices by Monday 4th September:
1. Leek and Potato Soup
2. Fan of honeydew melon on a bed of raspberry compote
3. Smooth Brussels Pate, on salad leaves with Cumberland Sauce and Melba Toast
4. Fruit Juice
1. Topside of Beef with Yorkshire Pudding
2. Pan fried breast of chicken served with asparagus tips in a white wine and cream sauce.
3. Grilled rainbow trout fillet with a butter, lemon and flaked almond sauce
4. Vegetable and lentil casserole topped with fine slices of potato, browned under the grill (V)
1. Fresh strawberry meringue nest
2. Rhubarb crumble with custard
3. Fresh Fruit Salad or Cheese and Biscuits
There will also be a raffle. Donations of prizes for the raffle prior to the dinner would be much appreciated.